The Road to Reconciliation
Academy is intent on driving Indigenous engagement and contributing towards Reconciliation.
In 2016 we set the foundation for Academy Indigenous Services, a commercial cleaning company in partnership with Paul Brock, a descendant from the Barngarla people of the Whyalla and Port Augusta areas and an accomplished business leader.
Academy Indigenous Services is an exciting new venture for our group and under the leadership of Paul Brock and the team at Academy Services, we hope to contribute to the reconciliation movement by generating awareness of the social divide between Australians and providing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders opportunities for employment, skills development and career development.
What is Reconciliation?
Our long-term vision for Reconciliation
Academy Indigenous Services has a distinct vision that encapsulates the spirit of Reconciliation, our company values and our capacity to achieve the following outcomes for which we will strive:
- Recognition of the value of Aboriginal people and culture in the pursuit of mutual respect
- Acknowledgement of the hardships faced by Indigenous Australians and taking steps towards equality
- Breaking down barriers between people in the community in an ongoing effort to remove division
- Nurturing and inspiring an indigenous workforce into achieving meaningful and rewarding long-term employment
- Achieving continuous improvement through the provision of professional services
Our Reconciliation Action Plan remains in active development
Lead by the Managing Director and General Manager of Academy Indigenous Services, our first RAP reflects our initial steps in our path towards reconciliation. There’s a long road ahead and we’re just beginning our own journey, but we hope the contributions of our company, and others like us, will help reduce the divisions that exist between all Australian citizens and move the nation forward towards a brighter future for all.